Switch to Accessible Site
Person Running
Family on Beach

How can a special education advocate help?

I provide educational support and advocacy services to parents with children who have specific learning disabilities, ADHD, emotional disabilities and other disabilities serviced under IDEA, ADA and 504 regulations. I help parents understand the their rights and assist them in ensuring their children have an equal opportunities for a free and appropriate education (FAPE) in the public and private school settings.  I also help secure needed college and other post secondary setting accommodations as well.

My special advocacy services include:

  • Consultation when your child struggles at school;
  • Helping you understand your rights and the services and programs available for your child;
  • Clarifying what a student's school files, reports, and assessments mean;
  • Development of a problem solving plan;
  • IEP review and assist with writing of clear and measurable objectives and goals;
  • Conducting classroom observations and functional behavioral assessments (FBA);
  • Translating functional assessment into effective behavioral intervention plan (BIP);
  • Attending  child study, eligibility, IEP, MDR, due process  and other meetings related to your child's educational needs.
  • Online review of ieps, functional behavioral assessments, psychological and other reports relevant to your child's current school issues.