Dr. Ross-Kidder provides psychological and educational consulting services to help unique learners achieve success in school, college, family, and work. She works with families and schools to help develop an educational experience that meets a student's learning needs.
Consultation when your child struggles at school;
Helping you understand your rights and the services and programs available for your child;
Clarifying what a student's school files, reports, and assessments mean;
Development of a problem solving plan;
Support at child study, eligibility, IEP, MDR, due process and other meetings related to a child's educational needs.
Learning disabilities (LD): reading disabilities; math disabilities;and written language disabilities;
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder- ADHD with or without hyperactivity;
Excecutive dysfunction disorder;
- Emotional dysfunction;
- Gifted and Talented;
- College placement;
- Vocational Assessments;
- Classroom observations;
- Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA);
- Behavioral Intervention Plan (BIP).
Professional Development Workshops
- teachers & educational staff;
- attorneys and medical specialists.
- Advocating for your child;
- Teaching children self-advocacy skills;
- ABC's of special education;
- Using behavioral strategies effectively;
- Knowing what test scores mean;
- Accessing IEP and 504 services;
- When school staff escalate your child's behavior;
- Should I file a complaint or due process request?